Monday, April 13, 2009

Lazy Tyrant

Sitting still is easy. Letting decisions wane away until I do not have the choice to make a choice is easy. Staying in bed until noon is SO easy. Today I got out of bed at 11:43. today I ate a bowl of Kashi. Today I started moving forward. Again, the breeze of progression blows through my hair. I am skipping into the days of momentous living. The ground hears my steps bounding on its unforgiving chest, the ground does nothing to stop me. Smiling on my face, the sun watches and recognizes a familiar glistening brow.
Too often the Mundane begins to feel normal and ok. This is not ok.
I will beat off mundane boredom with a frantic stick of enthusiasm.
Violently I will kick dirt in the strange eyes of selfish gluttony.
Quietly I will ignore the urge to be stagnant. I will jump out of the stale water.
good bye lazy ruler. good bye.

1 comment:

  1. Drue...your blog is very you. You're so creative with your words. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete